The club that’s like a family

By S. NICOLE

Something that many of us look for in clubs is a club that really feels like a family. This might be Rachel’s Challenge, SADD, GSA, or any of the other clubs. However, a new club recently emerged and really stands out.

Game Club was founded by current Game Club president, Davis Folnsbee. The club was founded by Davis for the purpose of allowing kids who don’t have enough people at home to play games that they otherwise wouldn’t have the chance to.

“People should get to know each other and most people like games and such, we could become like a big gaming family,” said Treasurer and sophomore Angela Strouse.

Other members such as Vice President and sophomore Halie Gummo also agreed with this statement, stating that Game Club felt similar to a “family.”

Game Club’s second meeting really sparked an interest in the student body.

“I wanted to join because I wanted to spend times with my friends after school and play games,”  freshmen Amy Shearer said.

“I anticipate on coming back for following years,”  freshmen Jace Beauton said.

The warm, welcoming atmosphere continues to draw in new members. Members are even continuing to bring in their friends, expanding the size of the club.

Game Club offers a variety of games such as, but not limited to; Monopoly, Life, Kahoot!, and Uno. They intend on doing outside of school activities as well. For example, they wish to go to Penn Skates as a group.

Game Club meets almost every Tuesday and Thursday every week. Come out to history teacher Miss Stephanie Seitz’s room and experience the club that’s “really like a family.:”