Revving the engines

CPI holds second-annual Auto Show

Mr. Fedisson’s Bourget Kruzer.

Lloyd, Jessica

Mr. Fedisson’s Bourget Kruzer.

Kerrigan Tyson, Copy Editor

By KERRIGAN TYSON

Vehicles are some people’s favorite things. Whether it’s old vehicles or new ones, some people love to observe the beauty of cars and trucks of all kinds. One of the easiest ways to do this is to go to an auto show, which is exactly what CPI decided to do.

On Saturday, May 4, the students in the Automotive Programs at CPI held an auto show with a $20 registration fee. The show lasted from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., which gave both students and parents enough time to wander along and take in the sights of the many vehicles.

This year marked the second annual show at CPI, which was held for the same reasons as last year: for the Auto Tech and Collision Repair Programs at the school. All of the money that the CPI program gained through the auto show will go to both of these programs, helping them to gain profit for things such as new supplies or books. Some of the vehicles at the show consisted of old Jeeps, trucks, and old cars that were made before the 2000s, with a variety of colors such as black, red, and blue.

The cars were lined up in the parking lot of the CPI, where people were allowed to walk through and take a look at the vehicles. Some had their hoods popped open to reveal engines so that vehicle gurus could leave their remarks on the vehicle. Some walked through to reminisce, looking at vehicles that they may have driven or owned back during the years that they were made. Luckily, you didn’t even have to be a student at CPI to be able to go to the show, nor did you have to know someone at CPI.

Guests didn’t even have to worry about bringing a ton of extra money. If they were hungry, food was provided to guests by the Culinary Arts Program that they have at the school. And if you wanted to take something home from the show, you could purchase a plant, or multiple plants, which were being sold by the Landscaping Program also at the school.

Mr. Michael Fedisson, the principal of Bellefonte High School, attended the show. He even participated in one of the contests, which was the Motorcycle category, and ended up getting second place with his 2003 Bourget Kruzer, for which he got a handmade trophy. Other than just the contest, Mr. Fedisson enjoyed everything else the show had to offer, the large variety of vehicles fascinating.

Kerrigan Tyson
Principal Mr. Mike Fedisson with his CPI crafted trophy.

“There were a lot of unique and different cars there. Some were from the 20s, the 30s, the 40s, all the way up to brand new cars,” Mr. Fedisson said. “They had truck class, they had semi-trucks, so they had a pretty wide variety of vehicles.”

One of the best benefits from the auto show was the cooperation among the students there. The CPI students dedicated themselves to running the auto show so that they could gain profit to better their classes.

“But I think the neatest part is just the people that come out and do it because they like cars. It connects with those students that are into that there, and it’s what they want to do, and it’s going to support them; help them get the tools they need to be prepared to go out and find a job in the industry that they like,” Mr. Fedisson said.