So long and thanks for all the memories

Alex Doebler, Reporter

By ALEXANDER DOEBLER, Staff Reporter

As my time at high school is coming to an end, I am reminded of the song “Time Adventure” from the last episode of adventure time. In it, BMO sang,“Time is an illusion that helps things make sense, so we are always living in the present tense. It seems unforgiving when a good thing ends,” but, even so, it’s important to remember that we will always have our friends. 

It is always bittersweet to see the end of something that has been such a large part of our lives, whether it’s the end of a long show or the end of high school. My time at Bellefonte certainly wasn’t perfect, but I’m leaving it with plenty of fond memories and strong friendships. 

My time at Bellefonte was a large part of what made me the person I am now, and for that it will be remembered fondly. Even so, we are all much better off looking to the future than dwelling on the past or on the struggles of the present. We are always living in the present, but we need to strive toward the future to see what we can make of ourselves. I look forward to seeing what I can make of myself, and I look forward to seeing what you all make of yourselves as well. Always remember though: What you become isn’t entirely something you’ve made for yourself. There is something to be said for the fact that when it comes to life, we are never really in it alone. Nothing exists in a vacuum. Nobody exists in a vacuum. Everyone exists in the influence of those around them. Sometimes that’s a good thing, and sometimes it is a bad thing. Only time will tell what influence the world has had on you.