Senior Spot: Keeli Pighetti

A well-rounded senior with big plans

Senior Spot: Keeli Pighetti

Amaya Rothrock, Editor in Chief

By AMAYA ROTHROCK

Senior Keeli Pighetti is a friendly student well-known for her involvement in many clubs and activities here at Bellefonte High. She is the President of Student Council, Drum Major in Marching and Concert Band, and Student Choreographer and Orchestra Pit Clarinet in Drama Club. She is also a member of the Dance Team, Student Safety Committee, Captain of the Girls’ Varsity Golf team, and she is part of Class Cabinet 2020. Keeli is Secretary of Spanish Honor Society and Treasurer of National Honor Society. 

All of these clubs have helped Keeli prepare for her future as she learns about leadership and time management skills. They have also introduced her to many new friends and opportunities. 

After high school, Keeli plans to attend Bloomsburg University and major in Elementary and Special Education. She will also be playing on Bloomsburg’s Women’s Golf Team. 

“Ever since I was in elementary school I have had to the goal in mind to become an Elementary School Teacher, and while I still considered other options throughout Middle and High School my volunteer work with elementary students through Big Brothers Big Sisters, BASD STEM Camp, BASD Summer Elementary and Middle School Band Camp, and work in the Child Development class last year helped me realize that Elementary Education was the major for me,” Keeli said.

Keeli is notorious for being a kind person that everyone can look up to. One of Keeli’s best friends, senior Abby Harper, values Keeli’s ability to always do the right thing and guide people around her to follow her lead. 

“Her encouragement and advice bring out the best in anyone who crosses her path,” Abby said. 

Out of all the many memories they have together, one of Abby’s favorites with Keeli was the 19-hour bus ride to Disney World during their sophomore year. 

“Somehow, she made time fly by and fun, even, which I think is no typical feat,” Abby said. 

Along with being a good friend, Keeli is also very studious. Social Studies teacher and NHS Advisor Mrs. Christine Morris values Keeli as a student and appreciates all that she does.

“Keeli Pighetti is an inquisitive scholar who applies everything that she learns to her community.  She is definitely conscientious and dedicated to causes that she believes strongly in promoting,” she said. 

These skills will be very important in her future career of being an elementary school teacher. They will help her succeed and achieve all of her goals she has set for herself.

“Keeli cares about education.  I can see her becoming an innovative and creative elementary educator in the future,” Mrs. Morris said. 

With the sudden change of events schools across the world have experienced due to the Coronavirus, many seniors are saddened by the way their high school careers have come to an end.

“The change in the school year definitely made me quite sad as I learned that I would be losing many of the senior activities, like Senior Ball and a ‘normal’ graduation ceremony, that I had been looking forward to. I also really miss seeing my friends and classmates at school every day,” Keeli said.

Although the end of the school year has been slightly disappointing, Keeli has remained thankful for what she has. She is also looking forward to spending this time to focus on bettering herself. 

“I am going to use this time to take better care of myself and spend time with my family and friends before I leave for college in the fall. I also plan on trying to get a part-time job over the summer to earn some much needed money for college and I will be spending lots of time at the golf course,” Keeli said.