Million dollar smile

Samantha Grieb, Website Manager

One of the quieter, yet well-known faces of Bellefonte Area High School is senior Natasha Hoffman. From National Honor Society, to swimming, all the way to cross country, Natasha has made her mark on the school in her own way.

“Natasha is an inquisitive student who wants to learn and make connections with the academic material.  She engages with the course content by always asking questions,” Social Studies teacher Mrs. Christine Morris said. 

“Natasha has a plan for her future. Her work ethic is part of this plan. She is able to manage her academic courses with her extracurricular activities very well.”

Over the summer, Natasha was a research intern at Actuated Medical, which is a company that works on developing medical technology for larger companies. 

“It was a really cool experience,” she said. 

Natasha has decided to do online school this year, and adjusting to it was a little difficult for her, but she now enjoys it due to the benefits of it.

“I’m able to work at my own pace and I also have a lot more free time,” Natasha said. 

While holding up her academics, Natasha has also been involved in various sports with the school including golf, cross country, track and field, and swimming. Natasha has been on the swim team since her freshman year, and she currently holds two school records for the school. She was also the team captain last year. She hopes that when she goes to college she can swim for their team as well.

Natasha is a perfect example of a great teammate. She is the captain of the girls swim team and she is someone that younger swimmers look up to. Her work ethic, not only in the pool but in the classroom, is her strongest attribute. She is just one of those athletes coaches enjoy coaching,” Swim Coach Tony Edmondson said.

Natasha is currently the school record holder in the 50 Freestyle (25.06 secs) and part of the school record 200 Freestyle Relay (1:45.26).

I am very excited for Natasha’s senior year of swimming. She has worked hard in the off season and she is ready to have her most successful year yet,” Coach Edmondson said.

While Natasha is uncertain about where she will go to college, it’s certain that she’ll be a missed face around Bellefonte as she moves on from both her teachers and her peers.

“When she does well whether it’s in swimming, cross country, or in school, she will show at times her ‘million dollar smile,’” Mrs. Morris said.