Bellefonte Softball season comes to an end

Annaliese Witmer, Sports Editor

By ANNALIESE WITMER

The Bellefonte Area High School softball team has had a great season this year. Some highlights are winning the Williamsport Tournament and reaching the District 6 5A Finals. 

Tori Reichert, Bellefonte Softball’s only senior, feels that her senior season went pretty well. 

“I think that our performance as a team is good, we can always be better and we should strive for that. As an individual, things can always be improved upon, but it is going well,” she said.

Tori’s message for her team moving forward is to enjoy their time playing softball while they can.

“I want to tell my teammates to enjoy the moments that they have with the people around them. You only get one experience like this and you should enjoy it to the fullest extent. Play your hearts out, I know you have the capability to do great things,” she said.

Tori has made many memories from the years she spent playing softball. But her favorite memories are being with her friends. 

“Just every moment on the field with my best friends, we are constantly laughing and laughing while winning is quite fun,” she said.

Coach Travis Foster felt the season went well and noticed the team’s improvement throughout the season.

I thought the season went well. We won the Williamsport Tournament and reached the District 6 5A Finals. We continued to work hard and improved as the season went on,” he said.

Coach Foster also believes that there is always room for improvement moving forward next season.

“The entire game is about improvement. Our goals are always to be better than we were before, both as individuals and as a group.”

On Wednesday, May 25 the Bellefonte Softball Team lost a close 5-3 game with Central Mountain in District 6 5A Finals, putting a cap on their season. Their overall record was 12-6 on the season