Get to know the 2022 Homecoming senior royalty

LaBelle staff

(Ruby Bjalme and Davis Corman not pictured.)

Staff Report

Homecoming festivities are quickly approaching, and highschool students have been called upon to vote for a homecoming king and queen. These are senior-class individuals who the student body believes represent them best and are deserving of distinction. With voting taking place within the next few days in our own school, the Red & White Newspaper has developed a get-to-know-you guide for each couple on the 2022 Bellefonte Senior Royalty Court.

Couple #1: Allie Berkey and Cole Crissman

LaBelle staff

Why are you running for the homecoming royalty?

“We are running because we want to represent our class and have fun during the process!”

Why should students vote for you?

“Students should vote for us because we are in it to have fun and we have the best dance moves for the dance!”

What are you involved in both in and out of school?

Cole plays basketball and Allie is on the soccer team as well as involved in FFA.

Couple #2: Ruby Bjalme and Davis Corman

LaBelle staff

“Davis and I found it as a fun way to get involved in the homecoming activities as well as wanting to represent the school on the court.” 

Why should students vote for you?

“Students should vote for us because we have the best posters (thank you Maya, Affina, & Pauline), are extremely involved in school, and truly want to represent the class on the court.” 

Ruby is the National Honor Society president, Student Council VP, on the Class Cabinet, FBLA, Academic Decathlon, Raider Revolution, she manages the boys basketball team, and plays Volleyball. Outside of school she works at Kids court and Smokey Axe Grill. Davis is the PA FBLA State First Vice President, the President of the Senior Class, Editor-in-Chief of the Red & White Newspaper, Spanish Honor Society Vice President, National Honor Society Vice President, involved in Academic Decathlon, Mock Trial, and Model UN.

Couple #3: Elizabeth “Lizzy” Lovrak and William Kothe

LaBelle staff

“Because we are a couple and thought it would be a fun thing to do for our senior year.”

Why should students vote for you?

“We are (actually) a couple, we are funny, and we need a new queen elizabeth.”

“We are both in class cabinet, Lizzy dances competitively and William rides mountain bikes and bmx bikes.”

Couple #4: Faye Dubin and Landon Simpson

LaBelle staff

“We are running because it’s our senior year and we want to make the most of it.”

Why should students vote for you?

“Students should vote for us because we both spend lots of time training for gymnastics together and it would mean a lot to us.”

“We are both involved in NHS and are both level 10 gymnasts working to compete [in] D1.”

Couple #5: Madison Melius and Alex Ebeling

LaBelle staff

“We want to have a memorable senior year.” 

Why should students vote for you?

“People should vote for us because we are willing to embarrass ourselves in front of the entire school.”

Madison plays softball and volleyball for the high school and travel teams, and is in clubs at the school. Alex plays baseball and basketball for the high school, and has played for Flood City baseball for 7 years and just committed Division 2 to the University of Pitt Johnstown for baseball. He is also a part of some clubs at the school.