BASD finds new PR manager

Submitted photo

Mrs. Carla Cipro

Alex Ebeling, Student Engagement Coordinator

The Bellefonte Area School District has a new Public Relations Director, Mrs. Carla Cipro. Mrs. Cipro is currently a Video Production teacher at Bellefonte High School.

Mrs. Cipro says that, as Public Relations Director, she has several roles, including, running the districts’ social media websites. You can find these page on Facebook (Bellefonte Area School District), Instagram (@bellefonte.schools), and Twitter (@bellefonteasd). 

“Individuals can find daily posts about K-12 activities happening within each building, event announcements, district wide job opportunities, etc,” she said.

One new aspect to the PR position that Mrs. Cipro implemented is a weekly athletic newsletter. 

“[It] provides high school and junior high home event information, varsity scores from the previous week, and highlights two senior athletes,” she said.

Mrs. Cipro wanted this job to help supply the community with important information.

“[The job will] provide the public with necessary district announcements and updates – for example: information on the gas smells at the high school, the Pleasant Gap bus accident, and inclement weather alerts. Generally posted through the districts’ social media sites,” she said.

Mrs. Cipro likes using social media to benefit others. 

“I applied for this position because I enjoy spreading positive information, I appreciate using social media as a creative and business tool, and I like writing short pieces for others to read,” she said.

Mrs. Cipro was very passionate and hopeful about this potential job. 

“I had many ideas to put into motion, so when I received word that I earned it – I was so very happy,” she said.

There are many things that Mrs. Cipro has planned and is putting it in motion very soon. One big thing that Mrs. Cipro looks forward to is creating an online magazine for BASD. 

Other things that she is looking forward to doing include, “working with Downtown Bellefonte Inc., Mr. Virgilio with the Gamble Mill, and Leadership with Centre County on ways to bridge the gap between community and district,” she said.

Mrs. Cipro is a very ambitious person who is looking to make a positive impact on the community.

The Bellefonte Area School District has a new Public Relations Director, Mrs. Carla Cipro. Mrs. Cipro is currently a Video Production teacher at Bellefonte Area High School.