Getting to know Bellefonte’s student teachers

Annaliese Witmer, Sports Editor

We sat down with several of Bellefonte High’s current student teachers. We’ll be introducing two each month for the rest of school year, and this time we’re talking with Mr. Isaac Manfull and Miss Anna Becnel.

Mr. Isaac Manfull (Submitted photo)

Mr. Isaac Manfull

Who is your mentor teacher and what subject are you teaching?

My mentor teacher is Mr. Brinser, and I am teaching High School and Middle School Choir, along with Orchestra, Theatre, and 7th grade music.

Why do you want to be a teacher? 

I want to be a teacher primarily because I like helping others find success. The magic of the educational process, when nurtured properly, is that everyone can get what they need most from learning about any given subject. On top of that, as far as interests go, I get to do what I love and share that with others through teaching music.

What activities do you enjoy in your free time?

In my free time, I enjoy writing, both creatively and musically, cooking and baking, as well as spending time outside and with my friends and family (playing lots of board games). I also play a fair amount of video games in my spare time.

What was your favorite subject in high school?

Beyond the obvious answer of “music,” whether it be choir, band, or theory, I was always a huge fan of history and math. I particularly enjoyed AP US History and AP Calculus!

What would your dream job and location be after graduation?

My dream job after graduating would be teaching choir and general music (theory, history, film music, etc.) at a high school level, back in either Massachusetts or Connecticut (where I am from).

Miss Anna Becnal (Submitted photo)

Miss. Anna Becnel

I teach English 11 with Mrs. Molnar.

Why do you want to be a teacher?

I want to be a teacher because it’s more than just a job, I can make a difference in the lives of my students while also learning from them.

Reading, hiking with my puppy and trying new foods!

English and history.

After graduation, I plan on traveling and finding opportunities to teach in other countries like Japan!