Student teachers stage coup

Pauline Alterio, Social Media and Website Manager

The 12 student teachers of Bellefonte High overthrew the ruling class of administrators in a coup de’état on March 30. The move came months after the student teachers first began work in the building and after months of alleged “sinister ventures” of their instructors. 

For student teacher Jack Stock – now supreme chair of the English department after Mrs. Jessica Lloyd’s tumultuous removal – the problems began when he first came to the Bellefonte district.

“I started teaching here last fall, and after my first minute on the clock I realized how truly evil my mentor teacher Mrs. Jessica Lloyd was,” Jack said. “She wears this green jacket every day, something her students say has been going on for years. That’s a fact of life that is simply unacceptable; Bellefonte High cannot stand for such nefarious undertakings.”

Something similar happened to Miss. Bridget Toren, the student teacher of art instructor Mrs. Heather McClure.

“I once saw Mrs. McClure using a 4 inch paint brush instead of a 3.99 inch one, and last week she drew something with a cool color and a warm color, TOGETHER!” Bridget said. “Just the thought of her grievous art sins makes my blood boil.”

Jack and Bridget weren’t alone. In fact, every other student teacher in the building was reporting their own experiences with corrupt mentors. It’s said that Fine Arts student teachers Mr. Isaac Manfull and Miss Sarah Hurley took the charge from there.

“When I heard that everyone else was living the same school life as I was, Mr. Manfull and I realized we had to do something,” Sarah said. “We decided to gather all of Bellefonte High School’s student teachers to start thinking about beating this lawless plague.”

Sarah explained that the student teachers began to hold bi-weekly meetings in the high school’s basement. Ideas were traded and plots were quickly formed. By winter break, the student teachers were putting the finishing touches on their plan for revolution. 

“It didn’t take long at all to come up with the final scheme,” Mr. Manfull said. “We were all motivated by the idea of freedom for us and Bellefonte’s high schoolers, and we knew we had to act as quickly as possible to be successful, lest the supreme teaching overlords Mrs. Molly Molnar and Mrs. Kelly Kreiger unleash their grammar-correcting, essay-failing weapons of English class-tyranny.”

The student teachers finally acted on their plan just last week, and successfully ousted all their instructors before lunch. Seniors Lilly Guenther and Hannah Deitrich were stunned but grateful for the revolution.

“Mrs. Lloyd took .1% off my essay last month just for saying ‘your’ instead of ‘you’re.’ It completely ruined my GPA; I have a 99% instead of a 100% now,” Lilly said. “I can breathe easier now though, knowing that Mr. Stock and Miss Light will let me use whatever ‘your’ and ‘their’ I want.”

Hannah was shocked by the news of the coup and never thought they’d be able to pull it off.

“I’m really so grateful though for the student teachers’ bravery. They’ll make sure all our voices are heard; study halls every day now! No more punnett squares and equation factoring!” Hannah happily yelled. 

The former teachers were spotted making attempts to return later that day, but students were sure to seal off every entrance to keep the tyrants out of the school. 

When asked, none of the teachers responded for comment.