Satire: Bellefonte replaces football stadium with swimming pool to support a successful team

Football+players+enthused+by+the+new+pool.+

Hope Martin

Football players enthused by the new pool.

Hope Martin, Editor in Chief

Many supporters of the Bellefonte community were not surprised when they heard that the Bellefonte football team hit rock bottom this year, only winning one of their several games against a pewee team. What is surprising, however, is that the Bellefonte swim team were the ones to show them up. In fact, they have shown up the football team so much this year that it has been decided to replace the new football field with a swimming pool for the winning team. 

“It is with great disappointment that we are announcing that our football field is in fact being replaced with a new swimming pool for Bellefonte’s best team,” the district webpage released early this week.

Some people were overjoyed by the surprising news – especially the football players. They were actually so happy about it that at the school, when it was announced, they started partying and flipping  chairs and anything else they could get a hold on in excitement. Bystander Elyse Olson witnessed this moment. 

“It was the most traumatic experience of my life; scrawny football players all around, screaming like my little sister’s babydoll and pulling moves like the cheerleaders with their little jumping jacks and annoying squeals. Had me shivering in my timbers,” Elyse cried, shaking her head back and forth as though trying to forget these moments. 

Football player Dominic Capperella was particularly excited about the fact that he would no longer have to deal with the cheerleaders on the sidelines.

“They were so insanely annoying. Having to listen to their childish screeches while they danced around like animals was honestly antagonizing,” Dominic said.

What surprised most people, though, was the lack of excitement from the swimmers. 

“It’s honestly devastating and kind of scary. I am willing to bet that the pool will get infested with frogs and jackrabbits. Plus if we do get a swimming pool there, they are going to make us clean it and I HATE the water,” swimmer Grace Rossman said, groaning dramatically. “I absolutely loved driving an hour to Tyrone every day for practice. Riding back home wet in a vehicle was the best feeling.”

Some students are very depressed about the fact that the football field is going to exist no longer. They are heartbroken at this point.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do without seeing those football games. I loved watching my classmates get body slammed and thrown 20 feet across the field. They looked like birds soaring across the sky. Well, more like deformed chickens, now that I think about it,” senior Lilly Guenther said. 

In the end, the swimmers have completely taken the lead. The athletic program has decided to not only take away the football field, but also football as a whole, at Bellefonte.