Meet your 2023-24 class officers

Davis Corman, Editor-in-Chief

On Tuesday, April 18 Bellefonte hosted its school wide elections for class officers, school board representatives, and student council executive members. Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors had the ability to vote on who is to represent them in the following year. Below, you can find a brief interview with each class’ elected officers.

Student Council

Students Council President Katelyn Packer

What is the main thing you hope to accomplish next year?

“The main thing I hope to accomplish next year is to raise more money for Mini-THON. As well as create better representation for the student body.”

What do you see being the biggest challenge next year and how will you face it?

“My workload would be my biggest challenge, but I plan to manage my time and do everything I can for the school.”

What has been your favorite part of Student Council?

“My favorite part of Student Council so far has been able to help kids in need and feel accomplished.”

Student Council Vice President Bailey Hoff

“As Vice President of the Student Council (STUCO), I hope to improve communication between the student body and the STUCO body next year.”

“The biggest challenge next year will be to continue to find the best way to communicate with the rest of the school and the community as we all continue to shift back from COVID.”

What has been your favorite party of Student Council?

“My favorite part of STUCO has been working together with everyone to make sure our school year is fun and productive. From Homecoming to Mini-Thon, the work has been worth it to make the events happen. I look forward to doing it again next year!”

Student Council Secretary Brenda St. Clair

Brenda did not respond to the Red & White’s request for interview.

Student Council Treasurer Rebecca Burns

I hope I will lead the student council well, and becoming the treasurer, I hope I can keep the money accounted for and keep all of the money in line.

A challenge that I will most likely have is if we do multiple events at a time, I might have trouble with the money going to different places. I will face this challenge by keeping a tally on what money goes where, and at what point in time it will go to the places.

Junior (2025) School Board Representative Brady Miller

I hope I can accurately voice the concerns of the student body and bring positive change to the school. 

It’s difficult to be able to not only attend very meeting, but attend every meeting and pay attention. I hope that I can come to student council every other Tuesday with an accurate and concise report.

Class of 2024:

President Grady Garrison

“​​Make an enjoyable senior year for all”

“Having a lot to deal with”

What has been your favorite part of the Class Cabinet so far?

“Getting to interact and be with our cabinet and represent our class.”

Vice President Grace Novitsky

I hope to help make senior memorable and enjoyable for the entire class.

The biggest challenge I see is engaging the student body in fundraising and class activities.

My favorite part of class cabinet is being involved in not only decisions regarding the class but the activities that come along with it.

Secretary Julia Huntsinger

“One thing I wish to accomplish for our senior year is to provide a memorable senior year for our class as well as win in the homecoming float contest. Overall, we wish to send the Class of 2024 off with positive memories and show our gratitude for all their hard work and dedication. 

“The biggest challenge we will face next year  as a class is getting everything together for the end of the year. The end of senior year is very hectic and there is a lot that needs to come together all at once, however, we have already started planning for senior events which is how we will face the challenge.”

“My favorite part of class cabinet, so far, is the feeling of accomplishment. When we as a cabinet come together to accomplish something that we are all proud of, a great feeling washes over all of us.”

Treasurer Carter Boone

“For our final year at BHS, I plan to manage our finances, expenses, and everyone’s dues to ensure that we have the money to produce excellent events for our senior year like Senior Ball and our Senior Trip. Please remember to fundraise and pay your dues to make sure we have an amazing last year!”

“I would have to say keeping track of dues and expenses may be my greatest challenge. Paying dues is a crucial part of allowing our class to plan events and finding people to pay their dues will be crucial to my job as Treasurer next year. Finally, a lot of expenses will be made for our senior year, so keeping track of those will be important as well.”

“By far, my favorite part of being a member of the class cabinet has been organizing events with our officers and advisors. A majority of events sponsored by the Class of 2024 would not happen without them!”

Class of 2025:

President Annie Cernuska

“The main thing I hope to accomplish in the next year is to have another successful homecoming float and to plan an amazing prom!”

“I see planning prom as being the biggest challenge next year. I intend to face it by working as a class to plan in advance and getting as much input as possible from others to hear the ideas they may have to make this prom the best one yet!”

“My favorite part of Class Cabinet has been all of the connections I have been able to make with other students in our class. Additionally, I have enjoyed participating in Homecoming and Mini-THON events as a cabinet. Representing our class is such a privilege!”

Vice President Evelyn St Amant

“Next year I hope to be able to help my class plan things like junior prom and start planning our senior trip. I also hope to help with fundraising and with any extra activities our class will do in the future.”

“I think the biggest challenge next year will be fundraising for future events just because our class isn’t the most enthusiastic about fundraising. I will face this by encouraging my peers to fundraise and help our cabinet get a quick head start in the beginning of the year.”

“My favorite part of class cabinet so far was definitely helping build our sophomore class float which was Marvel themed. It was so much fun planning it all out and then working on it and watching it come together and seeing how cool everyone looked on it and in their costumes.”

Secretary Emma Hagen

“Next year as class secretary I am hoping to go above and beyond, not only for our regular activities and fundraisers, but making prom the most memorable one yet!”

“Next year I think we will be challenged by prom along with other things, fundraising will be the biggest challenge, but it will work if everyone is on board!”

“My favorite part about class cabinet so far is the community of students and working together and figuring things out on our own we can really see our hard work paying off.”

Treasurer Alannah McNichol

“Work together and accomplish more fundraising.”

“Having enough dedicated people in our Class Cabinet to help plan underclassmen prom.”

“Planning our homecoming float.”

Class of 2026:

President Samantha Nedrow

“The main thing I hope to accomplish next year is pushing fundraising even further.”

“I think one of the biggest challenges next year would be funding, and we will face it by making fundraising our main focus for the foreseeable future.”

“The homecoming float has been my favorite part of class cabinet so far.”

Vice President Sadie Stodart

“The main thing I hope to accomplish next year is getting more money for our class through fundraisers, and trying to get more interaction from the entire class.”

“I think the hardest part of next year will be getting as many students participating in fundraisers and class-wide decisions as possible, so setting up any way for them to view what is going on on multiple platforms is an important start.”

“Things I have enjoyed in cabinet this year are getting to be a part of important decisions for our class, and expressing my opinion on what is best for us.”

Secretary Gianna Jasseh

“The main thing I would like to accomplish next year is to bring the cabinet together, allowing more people to express their thoughts and experiences freely.”

“I think the biggest challenge next year is dealing with fundraising for certain events in our future years of high school.”

“My favorite part of Class Cabinet so far is working with each other for school events like homecoming and dodgeball.”

Treasurer Linsey Darney

“My main thing that I hope to accomplish is to get double the amount of money in our bank account currently by the end of the next year and to get more than half the Class to fundraise.”

“I believe that the biggest challenge to face is the amount of people raising money or participating in helping our Class. To face this challenge, I would advertise the importance of raising money.”

“My favorite part of Class Cabinet is having the ability to share my opinions/thoughts on important matters without being criticized.”