A nonstop dancing Homecoming night

LaBelle Staff

Seniors Matt Jacobs, Ashley Bell, Aidan Praskovich, and Mykhala Richner at the Homecoming Dance.

By TYLER MUSE

As the night went on, the heat and sweat increased and the dancing was never ending. Student Council’s Homecoming Dance got the students in the mood to celebrate their upcoming Homecoming week and to show school spirit.

On Saturday, October 6, the first phase of Student Council’s Homecoming celebration took place. Seniors Maddi Collins and Amelia Miller, and juniors Selah Brown, Rachel Lexon, and Tyler Muse were all a part of the dance committee to make sure this dance was a success. There was a total of 330 tickets sold for the night. The sales brought in a little under $2,000, which goes into the Student Council fund for future events, like Mini-Thon.

Selah, who was head of the Dance Committee, thought the dance went great.

“This was my first year being head of the dance committee with Tyler Muse and it was super fun. Being behind the scenes and planning everything was a really cool experience. I definitely couldn’t have done it without Tyler and I hope everyone had a great time at the dance.”

For freshman Chole Newbauer, her first high school dance was a blast. It went a lot better than she was expecting.

“I really enjoyed it,” Chloe said. “I hung out with my with a lot of my friends and danced a lot. We all had a great time. Some of the songs weren’t good but overall for my first dance in high school I loved it.”

Same went for sophomore Nick Capparelle, his first high school dance, which he attended with his date, junior Mackenzie Ebeling, was really fun.

“The music was good, the atmosphere was good. All around it was just a good time,” Nick said.

Mackenzie had the same to say as everyone else.

“Homecoming was so much fun,” she said. “The dances are always a great way to get everyone together to dance and have a great time.”

Senior Mason Keeler shared a different opinion. He was very excited being that this was his last Homecoming and he was a part of the court, but was disappointed with his experience.

“Being a member of the Homecoming court with my beautiful girlfriend Carolyn Seibel, I thought the dance would be very fun. When I arrived, however, the excitement began to fade as I had realized that the dance was going to be held in the cafeteria yet again,” he said.

Mason felt that by the end of his night the $3 entry fee was not worth his time, as the music was “awful.”

BAHS graduate of the Class of 2016,  Jordan Emely, DJed the dance. This was his third event he has had the opportunity to DJ at a school event and he loves that he can come back and do things like this.

“I thought it went great. Everyone responded really well and I thought we had a lot of fun. The music taste is so vast at Bellefonte so playing something that everyone loves is really hard,” Jordan said.