Dancing in a Winter Wonderland

A+group+of+Bellefonte+students+enjoy+the+winter+formal.+

Melina Weaver

A group of Bellefonte students enjoy the winter formal.

By MADDI COLLINS

Spending time with family, giving and receiving presents, decorating, and dancing the night away at the annual Snoball dance marks the start of a great holiday season.

On December 8, the Indoor Dance Team, Indoor Drumline, and the Majorettes hosted the dance for the third year in a row.  Students and advisors alike worked hard to make sure this year was the best one yet, which sold 248 tickets.

Science teacher and majorette coach Mrs. Arimani Davy had a great time collaborating with the other members of the Marching Band staff.

“It is always nice to have a chance to work with my colleagues. We have such a great team, and it was so much fun putting the entire thing together with them,” Mrs. Davy said.

Band director Mr. Caleb Rebarchak echoed her thoughts as working with those in the Marching Band staff and students was his favorite part of making Snoball happen.

“It’s a great team, and it would not have been able to happen without their hard work,” Mr. Rebarchak said.

Since this is the seniors’ last Snoball, they wanted it to be as memorable as possible.

“I’ll miss being able to get my friends together and go and dance and have a great time,” senior Cienna Lueth said.

Not only was the dance itself memorable, but the setting definitely set the mood for a great time.

“The decorations were pretty cute; I loved the lights,” Cienna said.

One of the students who helped out with the preparation of the dance, junior Abby Harper, got to do many different activities to make sure that all who attended had a good time.

“This year, I got to sell tickets and set up the morning of. Hanging up all of the lights and decorations is always fun,” Abby said.

One of Abby’s favorite parts of Snoball was seeing all of the different people who showed up.

“It felt very festive and I could tell everyone was excited for the holidays,” Abby said.

For some students, Snoball was greatly improved from past dances.

“I like that they had water stands available. The music wasn’t the best but I think it was an improvement from Homecoming,” senior Ashley Bell said.

Mr. Rebarchak believes that every year is seen as a learning experience and he only hopes to improve the dances for years to come.

“For my first time overseeing it, I was pleased – however, we are always open to suggestions from students on what could make it a better experience for everyone there,” Mr. Rebarchak said.

With most dances, there is one suggestion that almost always gets brought up when asked about how to better the next dance.

“Something that could be improved is the music; the songs should be more modern,” freshman Claire Topper said.

Abby agreed with her as deciding on the music choices always seems to be one of the most difficult aspects of every dance.

“I think it’s important that there’s a good variety for everyone played. That way, everyone can dance and have a fun time,” Abby said.

Overall, the dance proved to be very successful and all who attended were in the holiday spirit.

“It was a great turnout. The students seemed to have a great time, and everything ran really smoothly,” Mrs. Davy said.